'Indian folk art' charms
Handcrafted in sterling silver with fine hand-painted enamel work.
'Folklore' is a collection that aims to celebrate the tradition, integrity, and symbolism that is inherent in folk art motifs. Motifs that, no matter how urban our upbringing, somehow seem all too familiar and tug at memories stored deep within. These enduring expressions of human creativity open a window on our land, revealing similarities and distinctions of individuals and cultures, across India.
This assortment of charms is our homage to the pure-of-soul, childlike, joyful aesthetics of folk art that celebrated things that were and are truly important- nature, animals, birds, people, and community.
Choose one or many. Wear them as pendants, talismans, add them to your existing necklace, hook them on to your bangles, ear hoops (balis) or even anklets......there truly is no limit to what you can do with these!
Dimensions: of different charms (including lobster clasp on top) are:
(1) 'kurma' tortoise charm: 3.75 cms long and 2.15 at the widest.
(2) 'dhenu' cow charm: 3.3 cms long and 2.6 at the widest.
(3) 'gaja' elephant charm: 3.15 cms long and 2.85 at the widest.
(4) 'devi' goddess charm: 3.7 cms long and 2.8 at the widest.
(5) 'bankura' horse charm: 4.8 cms long and 2.3 at the widest.
(6) 'matsya' fish charm: 6.9 cms long and 2.15 at the widest.